Tuesday, February 25, 2014

DIY Drawer Knobs...Superhero Version!

So, last week I did a simple tutorial on DIY Drawer Knobs, in that tutorial, I showed you how to make your own drawer knobs using butterfly stickers....since our son is getting a superhero bedroom, I only thought it fitting to show you how I did his superhero drawer knobs. :)


First off, you will need to prime and paint them just as I showed you in the other tutorial. From there, you will need the following items:


Mod Podge
Foam Paint Brush
Paper Plate
Pen
Scissors
Stickers
and a Quarter

So the first thing you need to do is trace out your stickers. I bought my in the party supply section at the store. Walmart had Avenger's and Target had Justice League. From there, I placed a quarter over the faces of the super heroes and traced around the quarter with a pen.



Then cut out enough quarter sized circle stickers for the amount of drawer knobs you need.



From there, peel back the sticker backing, it will be difficult since you cut them out, but having fingernails is a wonderful tool in this situation. Place the sticker on the center of the knob and press down. Use your fingernail CAREFULLY to flatten out any creases, if your knob is super curved, you can bet there will be a few. I had a wrinkle in almost everyone of the drawer knobs, but thankfully my 6 year old son isn't going to care, and you would have to be eye level and within a couple of feet to see the wrinkles anyways, so I don't care if there are any. :)



Next, using your foam brush, brush a layer of mod podge over the sticker and entire face of the knob, then allow to dry. I followed with a second coat of mod pdoge, just to be safe.


And you're done! I love them! I can't wait to see what they look like on my son's dresser, those pictures are soon to come when I've finally completed my kids bedrooms. LOL.







1 comment:

  1. Love, Love, Love these!! My son also has a superhero room and I can't wait to try these on his new dresser!!!

    ReplyDelete