Sunday, November 10, 2013

Mardi Gras Bead Ornaments

These ornaments are going on our own family's Christmas tree and now I can't wait to put up the tree just to see what they look like! I love these and they were so simple to make!








The tutorial is very similar to the Galilee ornaments, so the pictures from that tutorial are going to be in this tutorial as well, I hope you don't mind (I also kind of forgot to take pictures of the process while making them, he he, sorry.)

So, what you will need for these are:

Mardi Gras Beads (I got mine from the dollar store, and my daughter's jewelry collection, she had WAY more than she even knew what to do with, they are fun costume jewelry for little girls.)
Clear Ornaments (I got mine from Oriental Trading)
Ribbon (Your choice of color)
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun

The first thing you are going to want to do is cut apart your mardi gras beads...


Then fill half of your clear ornament with your color choice of beads (sorry the picture shows sand, but like I said, I forgot to take pictures of the actual process for these ornaments.)


Next, close your ornament...


Now, cut apart your ribbon, I did mine in about 20" strips...


Fold your ribbon in half, and crease, this helps you to better find the center...


 Hot glue the creased part of the ribbon to the bottom center of your ornament...


Glue along the seam of your ornament, all the way to the top, and then press your ribbon along the line of glue...






Tie the ends of your ribbon into a bow at the top of your ornament...



Thread your hook and you're done!


I love all of the bright colors that the mardi gras beads gave me, I think they will really give color and even a little bit of elegance to our family's Christmas tree this year!


No comments:

Post a Comment