Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"He Who Walked In Galilee" DIY Christmas Ornaments

Hey everyone! I'm back! Yay! Sorry I've been gone for so long. Things have been so crazy in life lately that I had to force myself to open up time for a new craft, of course nothing gets my craft brain going like the holidays! I LOVE the holidays! I love decorating, I love the smells, the sounds, the sights, the food, family, everything!

Anyways, I don't remember where I saw this ornament, I think someone passed it around on facebook, anyways, I thought they were so cute that I came up with my own version! I wish it were December already so that I can start passing these out! I made 50 of them to go out to family, friends, and neighbors, I hope they love them as much as I do! I hope you love them too!


So, the first thing you need to do is gather the following items:


Play Sand (I got mine at Lowe's for like $4.00 for the entire bag, I only needed about 1/16th of the bag though, lol)
Ribbon (You can choose whatever color you want, I couldn't find enough gold ribbon anywhere, and I really don't like going from store to store, so I went with an ice blue color)
Seashells (I got a small bag of like 500 of them from Wal*Mart for about $5.00)
Ornament Hooks
Clear Ornaments (I got mine from Oriental Trading, best deal ever!)
A Hot Glue Gun
Scissors
Paper Hole Punch
And the following template printed out onto your choice of colored cardstock:



Step 1: "Break" your ornament in half...


Step 2: Fill half of the ornament with sand, not completely, but pretty good.



Step 3: Now add a few seashells, depending on the size you can add as little or as many as you want...


Step 4: Now put the ornament back together....



Step 5: Cut apart your ribbon, I cut mine into 20"-22" strips...


Step 6: Fold a piece of ribbon in half to you have a crease...


Step 7: Hot glue the creased part of the ribbon to the bottom center of the ornament right over the seal of the ornament...


Step 8: Now hot glue along the seal of the ornament and press the ribbon along it, all the way to the top of the ornament...






Step 9: After you have printed out and cut out your tags, punch a hole through the end, and thread the ribbon through that hole...


Step 10: Tie the ribbon into a pretty little bow...



Step 11: Thread the ornament hook through the hole in the top of the ornament and press together....



And you're done! Aren't they adorable! I love how they turned out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment