Sunday, November 10, 2013

DIY Button Snowflake Ornaments

I had some buttons lying around and figured "why not make them into an ornament"? I did a pinterest search and found quite a few ornaments using buttons, but all of the snowflake ones called to me, so I made my own version...


These were so simple, easy, and cost friendly! I love how they turned out, however, they might be a little too big for my Christmas tree, so they might be a fireplace mantle decoration, I don't know yet. So here's what you need, 3 simple things...

Buttons of various sizes, I got mine out of the $1 buckets at Michael's...


Popsicle Sticks, I got a box of like 1,000 of the small ones from Wal*Mart for I think like $6.00?



And a hot glue gun with some extra glue sticks...


So you are going to start off with 8 popsicle sticks and a large button (you will need a 9th stick, so have one set aside and ready...) Glue four of the sticks to the back of the large button...


Glue the other four popsicle sticks to the back and in between the first four already attached to the button...


Glue the 9th stick to the back to create a sort of "support" beam...


Now, creating a pattern (or not if your not OCD like me, lol) glue buttons along the sticks...



Once you're done, stick an ornament hook through a button hole at the end of one of your stick ends, and your done! See, pretty easy!



I like all of the different colors, and I am actually bouncing back and forth between putting glitter on them, we'll see, I've still got time to decide. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment