Thursday, April 4, 2013

DIY Disney Autograph Books

I'm back again! For the THIRD time in like 2 weeks or less! I hope you don't mind! I've had some free time on my hands lately to create and I'm absolutely LOVING it! A few days ago, I posted the Disney Countdown and mentioned in that post about DIY Autograph Books, well here they are! I don't know how much it costs to buy your own autograph book at Disneyland, but these only cost me $9.00 each (the way I did them, but I know you can do it for less) and I love that you can put whatever pages you want in it. So if you ONLY want to see the princesses and Mickey and the Gang, that's all you put in your own autograph book. Rather than standing in line in Disneyland waiting for autograph's so you don't have any blank pages in your book. Anyways, so here is just a short and very easy tutorial on how to make your own Disney Autograph Book.


So first you will need the following:

*The "Background" template (template provided in tutorial below), printed onto black card stock, don't worry, the ink will show up and you will be able to see where you can cut. Look closely in the picture and you will see the lines too.
*Scissors
*Sharpie Marker
*Your choice of Autograph Pages, printed out (I chose to have shutterfly.com do it because the prints are already loaded onto their website, and because I got 50 free prints just for signing up, making it only $7.11 for the 69 prints that I ordered, including shipping! You can, however, download them to your computer for free and print the pages you want off at home!)
*You choice of Cover/Title Page, printed out (As you are looking through the autograph pages, you will see some blank ones as well, I used those pages as the cover page for the autograph books.)
*Clear Adhesive Dots (picture in tutorial below), or Photo Tape (I know I have a hot glue gun pictured, but I didn't realize until my books were halfway done that it wouldn't be the smartest idea to hot glue pictures lol.)


So, the first thing you need to do is print out and cut out your background pages. Here is the template, sorry I don't actually have a picture of cutting the pages out, it completely slipped my mind in all the excitement of putting these together!


Next, get your books binded. You can do it yourself if you want with regular old binder rings, but since I intend on making these out to be little mini-scrapbooks, I took mine to our local copy shop and had them spiral binded, including a clear plastic cover and a hard plastic backing for the book. Total cost for that was $3.99 per book.


Now that you book is binded, using your clear adhesive dots (or photo tape), tape the autograph pages to each of the pages.







Side Note! See this blank page right here at the top? Use these pages to put the pictures you take of your kids with the characters on. Making this the ultimate autograph/vacation mini scrapbook! Pretty cool huh? I can't wait for our vacation so I can put our pictures in!


Finally, just one more step and you're done! Using your Sharpie marker, write your child's name on the front cover page of your book. You don't have to write it if you don't want, you can always you alphabet stickers or something like that.


And you're done! I hope you and you're kids enjoy them, and continue to enjoy them again and again, cause guess what??? These would also make AWESOME quiet books for church!

5 comments:

  1. These look awesome!! You did a fabulous job! You're kids are going to have an awesome time at Disneyland. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE, LOVe, LOVe this idea and I was trying to find these on Shutterfly. Where exactly did you find them (under what category?) We are going in December 2013 and I really want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love, Love, LOVE this idea! I was looking on shutterfly and couldn't find these templates. Could you tell me where or how you found these. I tried looking for autograph pages, also trued adding boarders to a picture and some other things. PLEASE let me know how you did this. We are going in December of 2013 and I really want to do this. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get them printed in glossy or matte? How did they work out for your kids? I'm debating having these printed as I'm not sure how well they will hold up over time and how the sharpies will affect it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. are these four by 6 prints? with a little over 5 by 7 for the black paper?

    ReplyDelete