Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Adapting Your Menu Board For CyberSpecialties

Well, after creating the CyberSpecialties Digital Recipe Compilation book, I wanted to share with you all how to adapt your Menu Boards accordingly. As some of you have already figured out, 1,000 recipe title cards don't fit easily into those "Really Useful Boxes", so this mini-tutorial shows you how to store your new recipe title cards.


Before we get started, I wanted to apologize to all of my readers, followers, and fans, I didn't realize when I was creating CyberSpecialties that so many of you would want them in the original format that I originally created with my Menu Board. There are 3 reasons for creating them the way that I did; First, I wanted to include pictures of the recipes that I was making so I had a general idea of how my meal is supposed to look and also to better help my family choose which recipe they want based on how the meal looks to them. Second, doing these recipes in FULL PAGE allowed me freedom to include any recipe that I wanted without being halted in my work by trying to fit all of the ingredients/instrctions into half a page when the recipe clearly requires more room. I couldn't very well go with a smaller font, otherwise I would be into the single digit font sizes and would most likely need a magnifying glass to read the recipe. Third, printing out 1,000 recipes on 500 pieces of cardstock (2 recipes per page)would cost a minimum of $100.00 and that is just in ink alone for my simple at home printer, then you would have to include the price of 18 different colors of cardstock since there are 18 different categories in the CyberSpecialties recipe compilation book. I don't know about you, but that is way too much money for me to spend just to print out recipes, and also too much hassle to turn around and have to cut out those 1,000 recipes. So those were my reasons for not standing by the original layout and I hope you understand and will still want to purchase the CyberSpecialties Digital Recipe Compilation Book.

Also, one more thing, you will also notice in the picture that my menu board is different from my original, I did this for 2 reasons: First, because I loved the frame around this so much that I wanted it for my own Menu Board. Second, because this is the dry erase calendar board that Wal*Mart now sells for the $9.96+tax and I wanted to adjust the Menu Board accordingly for those of you who could only find this board. You will notice with this board that there are no longer the category cards on the Menu Board, that's because this board does not include the "Notes" sidebar on this board. To adjust to this, I created some Categroy Title Cards that are the same size as the recipes hanging underneath the board. (Yes, they are no underneath to accomodate CyberSpecialties, and no, I don't have mine up yet as I wanted to get this post done first). Keep and eye out for these Category Title Cards, I will be posting them at the end of this tutorial for you to copy and paste.

Ok, now onto the "mini-tutorial". I wouldn't necessarily call this a tutorial since I only include one picture, but I do have written out instructions that I think are pretty easy to follow. If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me. I will respond usually within a day or less.


First off, you will need the following to adapt your menu board to accomodate CyberSpecialties:

CyberSpecialties Digital Recipe Compilation Book, this inlcudes the recipe title cards already typed up for you.
18 Different Colors of Card Stock
***2 of those colors need 2 pages each for the Dips & Sauces Category and the Copy Cat Category
***3 of those colors need 5 pages each for the Breakfast, Dessert, and Soup Categories
***The rest of the colors will need 3 pages each for the rest of the Categories
22 Binder Rings
22 Push Pins
Scissors/Paper Cutter
Single Paper Hole Punch

Step One: Purchase the CyberSpecialties Digital Recipe Compilation Book, you can find it in the right hand column of my blog, just click on the picture and it will redirect you to paypal where you can purchase it for only $19.99 + tax! That includes all 1,000 recipes (making them only $0.02 a recipe) and the 1,000 recipe title cards (FREE!).

Step Two: Print out the 1,000 recipe title cards onto the 18 different colors of cardstock. Use these guidelines for printing:
***2 of those colors need 2 pages each for the Dips & Sauces Category and the Copy Cat Category
***3 of those colors need 5 pages each for the Breakfast, Dessert, and Soup Categories
***The rest of the colors will need 3 pages each for the rest of the Categories

Step Three: Cut out the 1,000 recipe title cards using scissors or your paper cutter. (I finally acquired a paper cutter and boy am I every so thankful!)

Step Four: Punch a single hole in the center of the left hand side of the recipe title cards. Yes, you will punch a hole into some words on some of the recipe title cards, but there is still enough information left on the recipe title card to tell you what recipe you will need to find in your CyberSpecialties book.

Step Five: Using 21 of the 22 binder rings, place a binder ring through each category's set of recipe title cards. Breakfast, Dessert, and Soup categories will all need 2 binder rings, meaning you need to spilt the 3 category's in half so that there are 50 recipe title cards hanging from each binder ring. Make sure your recipe title cards have the category title card at the beginning of each set. You will find those category title cards at the end of each set of recipe title cards.

Step Six: Using 21 of the 22 push pins, place a push pin ever 3/4" to 1" across your cork board strip of your Menu Board until all 21 of your push pins are evenly spaced. You, of course, will need to remove the 11 original menu board recipes off of your board, you can either store them somewhere or you can hang them off the wall underneath your menu board like I did in the picture above.

Step Seven: Hang the 18 categories of recipe title cards onto the 21 push pins on your Menu Board.

***Bonus Step: I told you that you needed 22 binder rings and 22 push pins, well that extra ring and pin are for your Month Title Strips, punch a hole into the center of the left hand side of your month title strips, put the binder ring through it, and hang it off of the extra push pin wherever you desire, I hung mine on the side of my menu board off the wall as you can see in the picture above.

I hope this helps you adapt and I hope that you can and want to purchase the CyberSpecialties book, I know that I am so excited about the possiblities inside that book and I love the idea that I have the opportunity to cook a different meal every night for at least 2 years! YAY for no repeats!

Here are the Category Title cards for your original menu board's 11 recipe categories.











No comments:

Post a Comment