Friday, August 26, 2011

The Journal Jar

Journal Jar questions are now available in Word & PDF form with blank editable templates to create your very own questions!!! Files are emailed to you from me personally and can be purchased via Paypal for only $5.00!!!
Now this blog post is going to be quite large as there are many many many pages that go with it. I got this idea for the journal jar when I discovered a blog called "This Is Me Challenge". They present a new journal topic each week to help you write in your journal. Well, as I always do, I make things more difficult or challenging. I made up 366 questions so that I would have something to write about every day of the year. My whole goal with this was to be able to finish a year's worth of journal entries. I'm sure there will be days where I won't do a question, I'll actually have something about what is going on in my life at that time to write about, but these are for the days that I am stumped, but still will write in my journal. "This Is Me" blog helped me with about 1/4 of the questions, alot came from quizzes and questionnaires that I've done from facebook and finding questions online. Others I just made up out of my head. Now the questions included in this blog will take about 67 pages to print them all off. I am going to work on putting more on a page over the next couple of days and then I will post them on a separate post. So if you don't want the ones on this post, keep an eye out for the next ones.




Here is a small tutorial on how to make the Journal Jar:



You will need:

To print out all the 366 questions onto regular printer paper
Print out Journal Jar labels onto the Avery label paper
Colored Yarn cut into 366 nine inch strips
1 Cracker Jar (1 gallon jar)
Avery White Full Sheet Labels



























































































































3 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea! If you are the family historian, it would be a great gift idea to give to parents or grandparents as a tool for them to give you "their story" a little at a time in their own words & handwriting. I love it! An idea for you for future posts would be a journal jar for children & teens. Just a thought! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever considered offering this in a pdf format? And I second the thought from above about journal jars for children and teens. I think they need to catch the journaling bug while they are young or it doesn't quite stick. It also makes for great writing ideas for home schoolers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cool! :D Though, I'm a teen, so the marriage ones and a few others don't really apply to me in the same way haha...

    ReplyDelete