My daughter loves to make kid crafts. Everyday she asks me what we can make, and rather than go to the store, I search through the things I already have in my craft drawers. For this particular craft, all I needed was:
- A Hot Glue Gun
- Paper Plates
- Pipe Cleaners
I don't really have instructions for these plate masks...I just kind of made it up as I went. I will try to give you some simple steps though.
For the tiger mask:
1. Cut your paper plate in half, then mark and cut out the hole for the eyes.
2. Using the grooves around the edge of the plate, and a black marker, color in every other groove around the edge to make your black stripes.
3. Cut about 20 or so orange pipe cleaners to about 1/2" in length. (You may need more or less depending on the size of your paper plate.)
4. Using your hot glue gun, glue the orange pipe cleaners into every other groove around the edge of the plate that has NOT been colored with black marker. These will be your orange stripes.
5. Using the black marker, draw a nose at the bottom-middle of the plate.
6. Cut 6 orange pipe cleaners to about 1 inch in length, then glue next to the nose to make "whiskers".
7. Finally, cut a large string of yarn and glue both end to either side of the plate mask on the back.
8. Cut the string in half and then use the string to tie the mask around your child's head. Enjoy!
For the Lion Mask:
(Colors here are optional, green and gold are just what my daughter chose.)
Follow all the same steps as the tiger mask. Except this time you don't need to make stripes with a marker.
Also, using a pencil, wrap the pipe cleaner around the pencil to make "curly hair". Enjoy!