Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Robin's Menu Board

Making this Menu Board is very simple, but kind of a long process, so please bear with me and I hope you enjoy!


First: You will need to purchase the following items, you may be able to find cheaper, or you may not want to have all these items, whatever you choose :).



One 17x23 inch White Magnetic Calendar Board w/ Cork Board Strip (This one was purchased from Wal*Mart)



Two packages of Magnetic Buttons with double stick tape (These were purchased at Wal*Mart)



One package of Acrylic Jewels (40 Count) (These were purchased at Wal*Mart)



Three "Really Useful Boxes" (These were purchased from Staples)



One package of push pins, color of your choice, this package is 100 count, but you only need 11 push pins total. (These push pins were purchased from Wal*Mart)



One package of Reinforcement lables (These were purchased at Wal*Mart)



One roll of Magnetic Tape (This roll was purchased from Wal*Mart)



One package of Book Rings (16 count) (These were purchased from Staples)



You will need THREE packages of card stock (50 count each). I know the picture only shows 2, but I already had a package of white card stock at home. You will need 11 different colors of cardstock total. (These 2 packages were purchased from Michael's)



Finally, you will need a pair of scissors, a single paper hole punch, a sharpie marker, and a hot glue gun.


Once you have gathered all these items, go on to "Robin's Menu Board Part II" for further instructions, or you can simply click on the "Menu Board Tutorial Part 2" in the right hand column of my blog under the heading "Menu Board Quick Links".

15 comments:

  1. Robin, you are my hero!!! I have been trying to think of how to make a functional revolving menu board for months now and I am SO THANKFUL I found you through pinterest! I saw this last night while I was working and went out and bought everything this morning. Luckily Walmart still had this calendar. Last one so it was meant to be! Plan on putting it together tonight and I can't wait!! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen your board floating around Pinterest and think it is AWESOME! I have featured it on my blog here: http://beanbugcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/03/menu-board-planning.html

    Thanks for sharing and being so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on the hunt for a menu board that will work for our family. We have 5 kids ranging in age from 1-14. I can't wait to see how ours turns out. We will be using many of your suggestions for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great idea. I am thinking about opening a Residential Care Facility in my home. I would need to make 3 of these. So, a lot of work to create them. But, I think in the long it would save me a lot of time. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! I just love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks sooo much for sharing this awesome idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this awesome idea! Meal time is the most chaotic time of the day at my home... This will help out so much!!! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just gathered all of my supplies to make this. I just hope that I got the right size of the "Really Useful Boxes" When I was at the store I was really wishing that you had mentioned what size you used. LOL. I'm sure I'll use the size that I did get for other things if I picked wrong. I'm excited to put this together. Now, I'm off to order the templates from you. Thanks for figuring out how to make a pretty and easily changeable menu board and sharing it with the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!! My Mom has a brain injury and is pretty high functioning but has a TERRIBLE time planning and organizing. THIS could be my solution to help my parents!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey there. I'm glad to see this. The meals categories are not right for my family, so I am personalising this. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I picked up my board today at Wal-Mart. I can not wait to finish writing all of the recipes on my index cards, and start using this. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Making one now for a gift. I must have one for myself, too! This is WAY COOL! Thanks for everything! You are a genius in my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have to say, this is completely brilliant. I can't wait to make one! Thanks for the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I pinned this a while back, but today I am going to buy all the stuff to make it! Yay! This will make my life a bit easier! THank you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I finally finished my board, and you weren't kidding when you said it would take a while! Haha. But I'm so glad I found this and made it. Hopefully it will help me stay on track after our second child is born in a month. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete